DesignBoost – Telefonplan is a joint venture between knowledge company Designboost, City of Stockholm, Vasakronan and Konstfack – University College of Arts, Crafts and Design.
It takes place 9-11 February at Telefonplan in the southernmost part of Stockholm, Sweden. Telefonplan is in a transformation from a former industrial area into a hub for the creative industries in Sweden.
The theme for the lectures on February 10 is “Design Beyond Design”. The speakers list looks like this:
* Jaime Hayon – Designer
* Jennifer Leonard – Design Leader, IDEO
* Neville Brody – Designer, typographer, art director and brand strategist
* Jenny B. Osuldsen – Landscape architect and partner at Snøhetta
* Marcus Fairs – Publisher of Dezeen
* Anne Mieke Eggenkamp – Chairwoman at Design Academy Eindhoven
* Ted Persson – Chief creative officer at Greatworks
* Stefan Ytterborn – CEO and founder POC
* Lia Ghilardi – CEO Noema Research and Planning
* Brent Richards – CEO and Creative Director of The Design Embassy Europe
* Per Cromwell – CEO Studio Total
* Lisa White – Head of Interiors at WGSN/HomeBuildLife
* Sante Poromaa – Zen Buddhist master
* Frida Jeppsson – Design critic and curator
* Johan Ronnestam – Creative Director, entrepreneur and professional speaker
On February 11 the lectures will concern the changing role of media and the future of the book. The speakers list looks like this:
* Lasse Winkler – editor-in-chief Svensk Bokhandel
* Peter Wilcke – head of the publishing house Norstedts
* Anders Ekberg – CEO Fälth & Hässler
* Nina Ulmaja – design manager Bonnier
* Henrik Nygren – art director
* Jeppe Wikström – publisher Max Ström
* Marie Arvinius – head of the publishing house Arvinius
* Staffan Bengtsson – journalist and writer
* Elisabeth Björkbom – designer
Both days are open for public. No pre-registration of tickets needed.
Map to Designens hus at Telefonplan.