The winners of the Restaurant & Bar Design Awards were announced in central London this week. Only in its second year and with nearly 400 entries from over 38 countries worldwide, the evening was a great success.
Judged by a highly-influential panel of top design, hospitality and lifestyle editors both the designers and hospitality operators were recognised for design excellence across a wide variety of categories. Overall winners for Best Restaurant were Galvin La Chapelle in London designed by designLSM Best Bar was awarded to The Tote in India designed by Serie Architects.
Cinimod Studio were commissioned to create a system unique to the event. RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology was used to identify key visitors on the two ‘networking pods’ during the evening's proceedings. The Awards were the first event that combined this technology to create a truly 'connected' environment.
The design of the Awards event reflected the entrants’ creativity and offered a unique space where guests were able to network effectively in innovative ways.
Attended by over 350 of the UK and worlds top hospitality designers, architects and operators, this was one of the most exciting events in the design calendar.
· Best Restaurant: Galvin La Chapelle (London), designLSM
· Best Bar: The Tote (India), Serie Architects
· Independent Restaurant: Galvin La Chapelle (London), designLSM
· Multiple Restaurant: Canteen (London), In-House Design
· Independent Bar or Club: theCUT (Newcastle), Julian Taylor Design Associates
· Multiple Bar or Club: Bangalore Express Bar (London), Outline
· Restaurant, Bar or Club in another space: Urban Reef (Boscombe), Macaulay Sinclair
· Restaurant or Bar in a hotel: Elliot’s (Edinburgh), Ian Springford Architects
· Café or Fast Food: Outsider Tart (London), David Lesniak
· Identity & Website Design: The Draft House (London), Studio Frith
· Lighting Scheme: Sound (Thailand), Inverse Lighting
· International Restaurant: Pio Pio (USA), Sebastian Mariscal Studio
· International Bar: TheTote (India), Serie Architects
Michelle Ogundehin/Elle Decoration; Femke de Wild/Frame; Lynda Relph-Knight/Design Week; David Clark/Vogue Living; Peter Kelly/Blueprint Magazine; Paul Wooton/Restaurant Magazine; Rachel Dixon/Guardian Newspaper; Paul James/Mondo Arc; Tamsin Kingswell/Mix Magazine; Bethan Ryder/Living etc; Caroline Roberts/Grafik Magazine; Diana Biggs/Design Exchange; Lisa Ellwood/View.
For images of the event, visit:www.restaurantandbardesignawards.com